Total days: 4 (four days) | Total 500 km | Chișinău (MD) – Vama Veche (RO)*
Period: 23-26 June 2022 (Thursday – Sunday)
The 7th edition of the Hospice Bike Tour will take place between June 23-26, 2022 and for the first time we will cycle to the sea.
Hospice Bike Tour is an annual event, which strives to bring together cycling lovers who wish to do sports while supporting a great cause. Thus, every participant is invited to get on his bike and explore more than 500 km through the beautiful and varied countryside alongside collecting 500 EUR to support people living with incurable illness in the Republic of Moldova.
The main goal of the event is to raise funds to support the development of free palliative care services. This year our goal is 30 000 euro, which is vital for developing and extending free palliative services provided by the mobile units as part of the Hospices of Hope Moldova network in the regions of Orhei, Soroca, Taraclia
1 day (Chișinău – Huși), 98 km
2 day (Huși – Galați), 166 km
3 day (Galați -Babadag), 100 km
4 day (Babadag – Vama Veche), 144 km
5 zi (Vama Veche – Chișinău)
Transport is organized
* The route can be modified at the discretion of the organizers, depending on the requests of the partners and the condition of the roads.
Let's remember some of the previous editions:
We are all driven by a charity goal here to ride quite a complicated route in order to help children and adults suffering from cancer, other incurable illnesses and life-limiting conditions. We dedicate this ride to 200 of our patients, receiving every month free palliative care services at home.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TAKE PART:
- Preferably a road bike. Make sure it is prepared for a long run;
- Ensure you are fit enough to ride 500 km in 4 days;
- Participate in training sessions (if possible);
- Being a charity ride, each participant is challenged to fundraise 500 euro in order to support free palliative care services offered by the Hospices of Hope Moldova network;
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Meals and accommodation are not included.
WHAT’S OFFERED BY THE ORGANISER:
- Logistic support for the event (including hotel bookings / meals);
- Refreshments for the tour: drinking water, energy drinks, fruit, energy bar;
- Spare parts and technical assistance;
- A technical cycling jersey;
- Professional photo and video shoot of the ride;
- Fundraising tips for the project.
There are also sponsorship packages for the companies available. For details, please, contact Hospice of Hope Moldova team.