Total days: 4 days
Period: September, 2-5 2021 (Thursday – Sunday)
Hospice Bike Tour is an annual event, which strives to bring together cycling lovers who wish to do sports while supporting a great cause. Thus, every participant is invited to get on his bike and explore more than 400 km through the beautiful and varied countryside alongside collecting 500 EUR to support people living with incurable illness in the Republic of Moldova.
The main goal of the event is to raise funds to support the development of free palliative care services. This year our goal is 30 000 euro, which is vital for developing and extending free palliative services provided by the mobile units as part of the Hospices of Hope Moldova network in the regions of Orhei, Soroca, Taraclia and Ocnita.
Day 1: Chisinau – Ialoveni – Hancesti – Cimislia – Comrat (100 km)
Day 2: Comrat – Taraclia – Vulcanesti – Cahul (130 km)
Day 3: Cahul – Cantemir – Leova – Hancesti (130 km)
Day 4: Hancesti – Loganesti – Drasliceni – Chisinau (80 km)
The ride is dedicated to the patients of Hospices of Hope Moldova. These are about 200 patients in the latest stages of incurable illness every month.
Check out the video to feel the spirit of the previous years’ events:
This much awaited 6th edition of the #HospiceBikeTour will take place September, 2-5 2021. This year we will share 4 unforgettable days of cycling the beautiful lanes and sweeping hills of Moldova. The participants will enjoy the following route of about 440 km long: Chisinau – Hancesti – Cimislia – Comrat – Taraclia – Cahul – Cantemir – Leova – Hancesti – Drasliceni – Chisinau.
We will head South on a circular route having the form of a fish, which is symbolic in many religions and cultures, including christianity.
We are all driven by a charity goal here to ride quite a complicated route in order to help children and adults suffering from cancer, other incurable illnesses and life-limiting conditions. We dedicate this ride to 200 of our patients, receiving every month free palliative care services at home.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TAKE PART:
- Preferably a road bike. Make sure it is prepared for a long run;
- Ensure you are fit enough to ride 440 km in 4 days;
- Participate in training sessions (if possible);
- Being a charity ride, each participant is challenged to fundraise 500 euro in order to support free palliative care services offered by the Hospices of Hope Moldova network;
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Meals and accommodation are not included.
WHAT’S OFFERED BY THE ORGANISER:
- Logistic support for the event (including hotel bookings / meals);
- Refreshments for the tour: drinking water, energy drinks, fruit, energy bar;
- Spare parts and technical assistance;
- A technical cycling jersey;
- Professional photo and video shoot of the ride;
- Fundraising tips for the project.
There are also sponsorship packages for the companies available. For details, please, contact Hospice of Hope Moldova team.